Inspired by a message from my pastor. The name of this silk is Spirit of Adoption. The colors in it are:
- Golden yellow representing casting out darkness
- Orange representing praise
- Pink representing Jesus loves me this I know
- Indigo representing songs of deliverance
The scriptures that go with it are:
- Romans 8:14-16 (TPT) The mature children of God are only those who are moved by the impulses of the Holy Spirit. And you did not receive the “spirit of religious duty,” leading you back into the fear of never being good enough. But you have received the “Spirit of Full Acceptance” enfolding you into the family of God. And you will never feel orphaned, for as he rises up within us, our spirits join him in saying the words of tender affection, “Beloved Father!” For the Holy Spirit makes God’s fatherhood real to us as he whispers into our in nermost being, “You are God’s beloved child!”
- 2 Corinthians 6:18 (TPT) I will be a true Father to you, And you will be my beloved sons and daughters,” says the Lord Yahweh Almighty.
- John 15:7 (NLT) But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!
This silk was inspired by a service at Gateway:61 given by John Kramer where he began with the question of why we aren’t living in the fullness of the power and authority of God. The answer came down to struggling with an orphan spirit. He went on to identify what that looks like in someone’s life:
- A mistrust of leaders/authority
- Constant striving, doing things to earn the approval of both God and man
- Seeing things in terms of success or failure and being driven by that performance mindset rather than understanding you’re on a journey with the Lord walking with you
- Feeling like you never measure up
- Feelings of abandonment, self-hatred, rejection
- Issues of belonging and a willingness to compromise to try to fit in/be accepted
- Issues of control, trying to control everything because of a lack of trust of others
- Insecurity and a fear of taking risks
- Poverty thinking, an ongoing sense of lack
- Feeling unworthy and like God could or would never use you
Most of us likely struggle with one or more of these, and these false beliefs keep us from walking in the fullness of all God has for us. We operate as slaves rather than sons. Never fully stepping into our Inheritance or the relationship He has for us: the one of sonship. But Father wants to break off this “orphan spirit” and bring a “Spirit of Adoption”. We are accepted and adopted into His family. Our DNA – our very make up – has fundamentally changed. We are connected by the Blood. We belong to Him and all that entails. Love becomes the mark of true maturity, and we walk in the fullness of that which He has created us for.
A “Lion Bite” called “Break Out of the Box” from Glasgow Prophetic Centre is connected to this silk.
You have been born again into a new family; you are no longer a child of this world but you are a child of God. Step out from under generational lines that hinder you because God’s blood flows through your veins and all that belongs to Him now belongs to you! Push back the boundaries of limited belief that have hindered any advancement because He has given you a new mind: the mind of Christ. Break out of the box that words from others have placed you in, because He is calling you into wide open spaces. There is nothing that God cannot do, therefore there is nothing that He cannot do through you – if you just draw on your inheritance in Him.
Galatians 3:26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Jesus Christ
Ephesians 1:3-7 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son. He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.
A “Prophetic Nugget” called “You are Mine” from our Dyed4you Ministries blog is connected to this silk.
2 Corinthians 6:18 (TPT) I will be a true Father to you, And you will be my beloved sons and daughters,” says the Lord Yahweh Almighty.
Beloved, I have adopted you and claimed you as My own. You are Mine and I am yours. You are accepted and not rejected, loved and not ignored, and treasured not marginalized. You matter to Me on a deep level. I call you My own.
It is My responsibility to protect you and provide for you. Stay under My wing and let Me. Don’t struggle against Me or push away simply because others have let you down. I’m not them. And in moments you feel like I’ve let you down, quietly trust that I AM working on your behalf even when you can’t see it.
You are Mine, beloved. I do not take that lightly. I cherish you. You are My beloved one. Let Me lavish you with My love.
The lyrics to Bethel’s “God of the Redeemed” are connected to this silk.
We belong to You Father. Love has come, we’re orphans no longer
Brought into Your light and freedom. By the blood and the mercy of Jesus
Its rising, its rising, the song of hope From us set free. Its rising, its rising, its rising up
Hallelujah to You God of the redeemed. Hallelujah, You’ve opened blinded eyes to see
We will praise You. You are the everlasting light. Hallelujah to You God of the redeemed
We belong to You Father, living for Your glory and honor
Here on Earth, just as in Heaven. We usher in, the reign of Your Kingdom
A word called “I Am Inclusive” from June Reinke of Prophetic Light is connected to this silk.
I Am inclusive, says the LORD. I said, Whosoever will may come and drink of the waters of life freely. That means you. You are not an exception, but you are accepted of ME. I will not banish you from My presence and My arms are held wide open to you to welcome you. You are not overlooked, undervalued, insignificant or ignored. You are not stuck in the back of the line, for everyone is up front and close to Me that will come near. I Am as close to you as you want ME to be, and you have access to Me at al times, says the LORD.
What I have for you cannot be purchased or provided by anyone. It cannot be duplicated. I Am bigger than life itself, says the LORD, for I created all life. I Am strong enough to carry every burden that you bear. I Am wise enough to settle all of your issues, and My power is inexhaustible. My love is endless. My sources are always renewable, for I speak and it appears. I can create something out of nothing. I created you, and I can take care of you. I will heal you and keep you safe as you come to Me in child-like, dependent faith and believe that I Am not only able, but willing! COME near, for you are My beloved child and I will never chose my eyes to you or shut My ears to your cry. I will answer you and bring you into the shelter of My arms if you will just come, says the LORD.
It has been prayed over and anointed with the Scent of Heaven’s Accepted in the Beloved, which is used as reminder that we are accepted by Him, not rejected and abandoned, but cherished and adored; and also as a reminder that we should treat each other as the loving, supportive, accepting family He’s called us to be. The scriptures that go with this anointing oil are:
- Ephesians 1:6 (KJV) To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
- Romans 8:14-16 (VOICE) If the Spirit of God is leading you, then take comfort in knowing you are His children. You see, you have not received a spirit that returns you to slavery, so you have nothing to fear. The Spirit you have received adopts you and welcomes you into God’s own family. That’s why we call out to Him, “Abba! Father!” as we would address a loving daddy. Through that prayer, God’s Spirit confirms in our spirits that we are His children.
The history behind this oil actually starts with this silk. Father began to stir Meghan‘s heart about a new silk (called Spirit of Adoption) and a new oil to go with it. When she submitted the idea to Carol, it bore witness to her, and Accepted in the Beloved was born.
The deeper meaning of this oil shares that in Jewish culture, there is a step that happens where you mature and move into the fullness of adulthood; you are accepted into maturity. In the same way, you choose to become part of God’s family and He receives you, accepts you wholeheartedly. No longer shamed, alone, or rejected, but a son and heir of the Father. Belonging, adopted, cherished – accepted in the Beloved.
In the same way, we’re called to love and accept our brothers and sisters in Christ. To bear with one another in love (Ephesians 4:2). We can and should choose to cultivate that nurturing culture, following Christ’s example by humbly supporting, encouraging, and (above all) loving. The scent of this oil was intended to capture that warm, comforting feeling that being adopted by the Father should give you. The meanings behind the essential oils in this blend also capture things that a good family should represent and that the family of God – at their best – should look like.
- Amber: mellow, warm, gentle, lingering, invigorating, luxurious, smooth, and uplifting.
- Cypress: ageless, cleansing, freeing, strengthening those who are struggling, everlasting, resilient, in harmony, encouraging, and life-giving.
- Tangerine: inspiring, balancing, refreshing, and strengthening.
We pray it blesses you!
NOTE: If you’re wondering why I’ve shared this silk letter, I explain on my personal blog in a post called God Speaking Through Silk why I began sharing these on my personal blog. Later, I felt led to share some on the Dyed4you Ministries blog as well. So I share some here and some there (you can find the ones there in the silk words category). To find out more about the words we birth – including how they are created and what is typically included – visit our About Our Silk Letters and Art Words page.
And though I don’t post these for the purpose of selling them, I know sometimes one will just grab you and you KNOW you’re supposed to have it. If that’s the case you can check on Dyed4you Readymade to see if I have one completed already or you can see what types of products I offer and request I make you one in this style.